Saturday, September 27, 2008

L'emily et l'elephant

Today Emily and I walked from my house to Yonge and College, under the pretense of enjoying the cooler temperatures, to go shopping with our no money. After all, who doesn't like an hour-long walk in drizzling rain?
... especially when you have a bicycle. To her credit, she walked it the whole way there, plus a heavy purse with two books in it. I was concerned that it would start raining and she would hop aboard and speed off to dry safety, leaving me to wither and sop. But our luck prevailed...
... despite a close-encounter with l'elephant l'ectronique. Do you not agree that this really has to be one of the most awkward, ridiculous cleaning vehicles ever created? I see its function, but I also see its absolute, pachyderm, trunked ludicrousness.
We also saw the first signs of fall when we walked across the viaduct. Changing leaves...
More changing leaves...
... lying in the rain...
And, of course, we had breakfast and I love taking pictures of my dining companions and the food we ingest.
That's all. In the likely words of l'elephant l'ectronique once it has sucked a particularly difficult piece of trash up its trunk... "Viola!"

No comments: