Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meditation and Macaroni


So here are two pictures: one from yesterday at the Buddhist Temple, and one from today of my sweet macaroni and cheese casserole, complete with "missing helping". If you look closely at the first picture, you can see the incense smoke curling elegantly from the ceremonial sticks. And if you look closely at the second picture, you can see the homemade white sauce I concocted, nice n' cheesy.

I like to look at these two pictures as a sort of yin-yang. The balance and comfortable contrast of peaceful, sunny skies, zen imagery in the peaceful temple to a sloppy mac n' cheese on the dirty stovetop.

Bon appetit! I would put up a picture of the two cakes I also baked tonight, but they're burnt and the chocolate icing makes them look like poo.

1 comment:

way_away said...

Now I want mac n' cheese. Thanks for that. Hehe.

Did the incense smell nice? That whole area looks like it would have smelled great.

Did the macaroni n' cheese smell nice (heheh)? You made white sauce?! Amazing! I'm usually all over the bottle stuff for that.

Nicely done. Very ZEN. Post more.